Wednesday, January 09, 2008

OH SHIT.

I'm so going to die over the next 3 days. I have to do like 5 intense days of work over the next 3, because of my stupid illness. And I'm already forfeiting 1 day of MC, which my doctor gave me for tomorrow but I know I cannot take or I would suffer in an even more excruciating manner on Thursday and Friday :(

And I hate my anti-biotics, they're so messed up. They cause gastric and they give me insomnia wtf!!!

But OK la, I spent my waking hours over the last 2 days reading about English History, especially that of the Tudor Dynasty and the House of Windsor. It was all very fascinating... I wish I could read more but I have to prepare for work and sleep early tonight. But at least now I know so many more members of the English Royalty and how their Monarchy has evolved to this day.

And it was also interesting to read about the history of the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior in Westminster Abbey. Like how the Unknown Warrior was selected, how it was given a grand burial ceremony in the Abbey, and that it was laid to rest in the same place as most of the English Monarchs and their Consorts. Oh and also that his tombstone is the only tombstone in the entire Abbey on which it is forbidden to walk. Reading all about it sort of makes one want to give up one's life for his Nation in a similarly selfless manner, to be accorded that amount of glory. So it kinda made me wonder if this was all a ruse to arouse feelings of nationalism and martyrdom in the UK. Haha, oh shit I'm being damn stupid.

But I found the words inscripted on the sides of his marble tombstone quite cool:

THE LORD KNOWETH THEM THAT ARE HIS
GREATER LOVE HATH NO MAN THAN THIS
UNKNOWN AND YET WELL KNOWN, DYING AND BEHOLD WE LIVE
IN CHRIST SHALL ALL BE MADE ALIVE

Don't we all feel like dying for our countries now?

Ok I need to go and sleep. Bloody hell, I can't wait for 2008 to be over.

No comments: