Sunday, January 06, 2008

un-connected events sorry

are you enjoying the first weekend of the new year?


I want to go to the national museum soon. I haven't been there since its makeover, and I heard its pretty nice now. Actually I liked it even before the renovation, it was a nice place to go and learn about random, interesting things. And I generally like colonial architecture, theres something about the grandeur and the richness of colonial buildings which makes them very appealing.

Last week I had breakfast with a friend at the Delifrance at Holland V. I've only been there once before that and I'm not really a Delifrance fan but I have to say there's a really a good reason why the cafe is so empty at Holland V... I don't know if this occurance is just an instance or if it's a wide-spread thing but the breakfast is just bad. I was served better pastry for breakfast on a damn airplane, the coffee was so strong it was like 6 shots of espresso poured into 1 coffee cup and then served, and the waffles were frighteningly similar to the instant waffles one can get from any supermarket. It was horrible. When I went to the same Delifrance for breakfast almost 3 years ago before the first Chem SPA of my A levels it wasn't so bad! In fact I think I enjoyed it. I wonder what happened.... But I hope what happened to me was more of an exception than a norm la.. Maybe the chef was having a bad day or something. Haha

I like Guiness draught. Cheers

No comments: